Small Farms Week Youth Essay Competition
Cooperative Extension at North Carolina A&T State University is celebrating Small Farms Week March 22–28, 2020. The Youth Essay Competition is open!
- How has N.C. agriculture affected your life today?
- 6th, 7th, and 8th grade 4-H’ers across the state.
- 500 words (about one page)
- Include author’s name, grade, county, and 4-H Agent.
- Essays will be judged on content (50%), originality (35%) and grammar/spelling (15%).
- Essays must be submitted to Vicki Wiggins, Hertford County 4-H Agent, via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or face-to-face by 5 p.m. on March 13.
In honor of Small Farms Week, the N.C. Cooperative Extension of Hertford County office will host a canned food drive from March 9–March 23. All items will go to a local food pantry. Please donate!